Saturday, June 18, 2011

Still here!

So whenever we get really busy I stop blogging, then I have too much to blog about and it gets intimidating. So here is my effort to update the world with the Pilgrims.


I am just going to do a quick rundown of everything and then add pictures as necessary or as I feel like it. So February starts our birthday season with Mine, then Justice in March. But no one really cares about parents birthdays so it will suffice to say that they were both lovely filled with cake and well wishes! Mine was filled with many calls from home all asking if we would be coming home this summer to witch I answered again and again that no we definitely were not going to be home this summer... then I thought about it and decided that Spring could work so I jumped on the computer and fund decent plane tickets for the kids and i and before I could talk myself out of it I had tickets to go home for a month... weird. The plan was April 20th-May 20th.

April brought the YW cake auction/camp fundraiser which kept me busy and crazy for the few months prior to that. it just so happened to land on the day before Izaacs birthday and I was slightly caked out after making 3, or 4. I really don't remember. The auction was awesome and beautifully decorated!!
Izaacs birthday was full of crazy boys running around in Pirate getup saying Arrrrr a lot. Cute, Loud, and slightly CRAZY!!!! Good times:) I had different parts of Pirate costumes for the kids after each activity they would get something else to put on. My favourite was when I gave them all eye patches and told them to go sit at the table. Apparently if you half blind 8 kids they have a tendency to run straight into each other. They looked like drunk skunks swerving all over trying to get to the table:) I had a good laugh, and they decided that the patches were best to keep till they got home.

Our trip home started off well with the kids doing amazing on the flights there!!!! Hallelujah!!!! We got to spend a few days with Justices parents in Bigfork before my parents came and took us up to Alberta. We had a great time just being around family. We took a trip up to Edmonton, I got to go to Time out for Women with a lot of my aunts and cousins and sister!! Made Chocolates with Gram. And just enjoyed being there. The kids had a great time with all their cousins.
Alyssa and Riely came to visit the week after we got home. and what we thought would be the best timing turned out to be kinda crappy timing... Sorry guys. but we had a ton of fun anyway! I was starting to feel sick Friday and instead of deep cleaning, pretty much slept the whole day as much as I could. Picked them up from their delayed flight around 1 in the morning and got home after some rental care drama where there wasn't one... problem... so the cab was nice. We were supposed to go to Liberty Island to see the statue the next morning but after a bowl of cereal I went upstairs and threw up... so everyone went and had fun with out me:( but I had a productive day of sleeping... The entire day!!! Sunday was about the same, I made it through church. I was functional with Tylenol but as soon as it started to wear off I had intense shivers and had to lie down. So about 10 pm Sunday we decided to go to the ER because I just wasn't getting over this. Oh I haven't even mentioned the rash plaguing my existence as well all over my arms, stomach and starting on my legs... they didn't know why they think poison ivy, or bugs, or all of the above or something else... anyway after a few hours in the ER watching the Drama of the other patient with a gash in her neck that swore she was about to die and needed the world to know it. And all of her family that found a convenient place to congregate was right in front of my sliding glass door to put on a good show for us. oh the drama I am so glad doesn't exist in any reality I know of. So again, back to the diagnosis, I had had a UTI that went up to my kidneys and gave me a kidney infection. So I had a choice, stay in the hospital for three days to receive antibiotics by IV... or hope the home oral antibiotics would suffice. Having experienced enough of what the hospital had to offer I decided to take the pills and be on my way! Monday: still felt kinda crappy, plus we hadn't gotten home from the hospital till 5 am, so I didn't get to run in the memorial day race:( We did go to the Amorinos for a BBQ!!! Then Justice played tour guide while I and the kids took naps for the rest of the day. Alyssa and Riley explored on their own for a few days while Justice got back into school mode. Wednesday brought our Long awaited "Wicked" date night! I have been dying to see a Broadway play and them coming was the perfect excuse!!! We had a great time and the play was AMAZING!!!! Special shout out to Jennie for keeping the kids overnight so we didn't have to worry about being home:) Thursday was spent seeing Carlos' bakery. We even saw Buddy and some of the cast. Then Culminating with a date night to the Ninja restaurant were we all died, except Justice. We also got to use crazy toilets that wash and dry you!!! Oh the experience that was:).... and then they were gone:( leaving behind a few extra utensils, a beautifully cleaned car, and a water bottle in the fridge... What do we do now??!!?? I guess life goes on....

To Coras Birthday!!! This is a day that has been in planning for months!!! not by me mind you but by Cora herself! she was very specific about what would happen and I had to keep an ear on what she was saying to her friends and cousins so I knew what she was execting! "There will be dancing at my princess party, and I will get a pink present and a purple present and a crown." she told her cousin Laci. So I had my work cut out for me:) Thankfully my Mom hit the mother load of clearances and had a ton of decorations for me to use!! Thanks Momma!
I made Tutus for the girls and little crowns. They were so cute and Cora had a blast with her lil friends:)

And that about does it for now!!!! Congratulations if you got through all that! and I don't blame you if you just skipped to the bottom to see if I had anything clever to say in closing... Sorry I don't SO I will just say Toodles for now and hope to keep better track of our life so as not to have these super long intimidating posts in the future!

Pictures of the afore mentioned to come. Depending on how well blogger is working and how well my kids take naps!

2 comments:

Cassidy said...

I am coming there and we are doing EVERYTHING you just mentioned!!!! Minus the you being sick part.

Scott and Stacia said...

I just came back to blog life...well I have not posted on my blog but catching up on everyone else :) I love catching up on your family. Wish we lived closer to each other!!