So after Sunday dinner, I had made a whole chicken, Izaac was getting a little cranky and restless. So in an attempt to distract him I dug through the chicken to find the "wish bone". I may have gone a little overboard explaining to him that when the bone dries out , two people put their pinkies on either side of the bone and make a wish. The one who pulls off the bottom part will have their wish come true.
I was successful in distracting Izaac so the rest of us could finish dinner. We talked about what things we could wish, yes you are probably smarter then me and would have explained to your four yr old that the good things to wish for are intangible, like world peace, or having a good day, or seeing a squirrel the next day.... I was not so clever in pointing out this important detail.
The next morning the first thing Izaac wants to do is the wishing bone... how could you wait?? Well he and I wrapped our pinkies around that bone and pulled... I got the bigger part... Izaac looked around the room, and proceeded to search all the other rooms in our house before coming back totally chest fallen stating that he couldn't find his toy. I started a lame explanation that I had gotten the bigger part so technically my wish was the one that was supposed to come true. But how do you stay on that when looking into the sad, disappointed eyes of a little boy who has just had his hopes and dreams crushed?
"Well maybe it just needs time to work" was my lame attempt at making him feel better.
He went to school, and Cora and I hit a toy clearance sale at k-mart and the wishing bone magically worked after all!
I love Magic:)
3 comments:
thats cute
this is one of those cute stories you will never forget. I am glad you were able to get a toy that pleased him :)
um, I so did the exact same thing a few months ago. And Alaina wished for a puppy (named cupcake who is pink) and when it didn't magically appear in front of her instantly she BURST into HUGE tears! It was the saddest thing ever. She really thought a REAL pink puppy was going to pop up in front of her! I was toast.... there was no forgiveness.
Post a Comment