Monday, March 22, 2010

Date Night!


For our Friday Night date Justice and I decided to walk the Brooklyn bridge. It was a beautiful night and we made good time driving through the city so what more can you ask for?? You know besides world famous Pizza, well we had that too!

Looking at this picture you may be thinking aww... that is nice, Ali in a regular old pizza restaurant with an nice old man in the background... Not!!! This my friends is the Famous Grimaldi's pizza right under the Brooklyn Bridge that we waited an hour in line just to enter in to.
(It wasn't so bad really because they had a really good Ice cream place just down the block and I sent justice after some cones while I held our place in line, nothing like ice cream before world famous pizza right!)
any way as you get closer to the door this old guy comes out and points at you and says (in a cool rough italian voice)"how many??" then pointing down the line "you??" and so on, then turns around slamming the door behind him.
As we neared the Velvet rope we anticipated the moment we would hear that gruff voice say to us "you, come in."
Justice was sure that he was a mafia boss and that the Pizza thing was just a cover, "there is no way that it was just coincidence that the location was right by the river" he said
He just had to take a picture of the guy and I was just the cover to do it. :)
It was funny he would just say things and people would do them without question. there were three girls seated and about to start eating, with empty tables on both sides. He walked over and had them move down to the end of the row so he could seat a larger party.
they didn't question much just moved.
well mafia boss or not he finally did give us a seat in the crowded restaurant at a long table divided into sections.
Justice was in his element so excited to be tasting the best ever, coal fired, pizza in the city!
I thought it was o.k. but he is still ranting and raving about how amazing it was. We bought another one to take home, heck we waited in line for an hour we better be getting more then one out of it, and justice had it for breakfast and lunch the next day!

so for all you non New yorkers these are the kinds of experiences you are missing out on by not visiting us! (Any takers??)
Just a reminder that we love company!

7 comments:

Cassidy said...

I'm coming and we are going there! I love your posts but they are slightly upsetting seeing as how i'm stuck here in Welling! Maybe next time you can post about why you HATE new york. You know, to make me feel better. Jks. Love ya.

Megan Marie said...

way tooooo fun!

Aleisha said...

Mmms that looks yummy. Will you take me? I don't even have to stay at your house, I'll just go home after!

christy said...

i agree with aleisha. invite us next time! and if we are invited to stay at your place after, you never know. especially if cinnamon rolls are a part of it:)

Scott and Stacia said...

That sounds like a fun date! I love that you sent Justice to get ice cream :) And that Justice had to get a picture of the old man :)
Also.. I love your hair cut, way cute!

Tayvia and Family said...

When can we come?

Linzi said...

Hahaha....no soup for you! We miss you guys!