Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010!

Ward Party
We had a lovely breakfast and Easter egg hunt put on by our ward a week or two ago. The kids and I got to enjoy it, but unfortunately Justice had to miss because he was studying. Boo-urns!
I think that this was the kids first egg hunt. Izaac loved finding the eggs, opening them, dumping the candy into his basket, and then throwing the plastic egg back into the grass! (sorry to all those who found his secondhand eggs!) Cora slowly got the hang of it too and had fun putting things in her basket!
Izaac and Ellie



March 29th Justice's 27th Birthday!!!
Well Justice had to study most of the day so we decided to just do brownies at home, which Izaac helped me make and decorate. Izaac had been looking forward to puting the candles in the cake all day long but when the time came he was slightly emotional! (having not napped the whole day) He screamed through the entire "Happy Birthday" song and Cora kept blowing out the candles so all in all it was a ... nice?... birthday for him...I think... maybe. I hope next year will be better, maybe something without the kids!

Easter Sunday!
I told Izaac about the Easter Bunny and how he would leave us some eggs in the morning in our back yard that we would get to find and he seemed good with this idea. He was really excited about having a bunny come to our house, maybe I should have emphasized that he wouldn't actually see the bunny because he was slightly upset when the bunny had left. "Mom I wanted to talk to him!" Sorry buddy maybe next year!
I had made cardboard eggs to put in our backyard to hide the eggs behind but the morning was really foggy, like sitting in a cloud. We put everything out and then got the kids and by the time we made it down stairs they were starting to look a little soggy! luckily my babes didn't notice and were just as excited to find things in the backyard.


1 comment:

canadianmom said...

Just like what we did years ago when we were kids and Grandpa H made those wooden eggs just like yours!! What a flashback!! Good on you for actually doing something while I just thought about the past and wished we still had his stuff!
Your kids are so cute and they are getting the hang of the fun stuff to do for the holidays!